Thursday, November 18, 2021

Scamper

This is Roger, and this is my first update to the blog. I hope you continue to follow and enjoy learning about the ranch and the workings here.

I have been learning about this new place and about where I should and shouldn't go. My humans say the trash bins are off limits, both inside and outside, but I have definitely gotten into mischief before I knew the "rules". 

Morning chores happen first thing every morning, and that's everyday of the year. Even now that it's getting colder, we still go out before the sun is up and get the chores done.

For the first update, I'd like to tell you about Scamper...

While feeding the equines a few mornings ago, my humans pulled back the tarp on the hay and found a tiny mouse. This mouse must have been a baby because it hung around and we were able to get a picture of it, see below. 

It's kind of a toss up if you find mice in hay bales. They are good because they keep the beetles down. They are a bad thing when they start to make nests in the hay because their droppings can be poisonous. So far, they just appear to show up when beetles are about and don't seem to be living in the bales. That's good news!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gaining Pals

It's been a while since I've posted because I've been learning a lot!! And I can hardly believe it is almost fall. Recently, I h...